Finally, a new year. Nothing against 2010, but quite honestly, I was growing tired of it. It was a good year though, one with many experiences, opportunities, some great people, and some really great music.
With that being said, I'd like to kick off a new year with a few 'thanks' to a lot of folks who have helped make 2010 one worth remembering. If I had to name everyone who I owed a kudos to, I would surely be here until the apocolypse in 2012...and being that I still have a few things to cross off on my bucket list, I'll stick to a just a few off the top of my head.
- To Jakomi and the Music Void - For allowing me to be a part of one of my best experiences to date. You're one of a kind, and your work and knowledge blows me away.
- Rob and Orbit Creative - Thanks for trusting me enough to leave your video gear under my watchful eye. Also thanks for capturing some of my favorite (and least favorite) experiences on film.
- Rod Black of Jet Black Stare - your an inspiration, plain and simple.
- Steve of Social Code - thank you for filling my space with guitar solos and good vibes.
- Thank you to Ralph and everyone over at The Agency Group. You've always come through for me more times than I could have asked for.
- Thank you to my photographers, Macarena Yanez (Maki Fotos), Ben Checkowy (Aperature Photographics), and Vanessa Neufeld (Vanessa Leanne Photography). You're talent amazes me, and you made me look good (which is a feat in itself!). I wish I could use your lighting everyday. Also thanks to my make up artist, Amanda Zinovich - I could also use you everyday.
- Brian at Thorny Bleeder Records - You're the guy that's on top of everything...all the time. You're a wealth of information, and I've learnt alot from you. I look forward to more of your great work in 2011.
- The folks over at Rock Star Weekly - Not only do you continually produce killer content, but you let my face grace your website - that deserves a huge thanks!
- A couple individuals over at 604 Records and Roadrunner Records - you know who you are. Thanks for letting me pick your brains and providing me with great insight.
A huge thank you to everyone who gives a shit about what I have to say. Thanks for reading, your comments, and your emails. To all the incredible artists, industry professionals, managers, and everyone in between - thanks for doing what you do.
Basically, thank you to everyone both old and new that I have had the chance to meet this year (even the jackasses, it wouldn't have been quite the same without you).
Cheers to 2011! To new challenges, new technologies, and a new list of folks to thank next year (or, I guess before the apocolypse).